Monday, September 19, 2011

The Crack of the Bat

What's that sound that batters love to hear? That crack, that square hit, that crack the bat. You know, like dough, you just start one. You know that the ball is taking off. You know you got your money's worth on that at bat.


pitchers hate it. After the dough ball to Wacks, pitchers will look down on the ground, maybe curse (usually themselves) and look at where the ball was hit with the anxious look on her face. If you're a pitcher gave a lot of solid hits, and he knew his game was about to be over.


the other day, as I watched my daughter take batting practice from her new batting coach, my eyes shifted to another batter who was also a coach. Her swings were slow, the ball glancing off her bat and trickling into hitting the screen. Her hips are not rotating and there was no power is generated from its mood swings.


and coaches some time with her to show her some techniques that will help her in her quest to hit better. They spoke for about 10 minutes. Or should I say the coach spoke for 10 minutes, and the girl listened. She then jumped back into the batters box for the practice of taking some more swings at the ball.


As I looked back and forth between my daughter and this other girl, I realized that after about 20 minutes more than hitting and talking with her coach, this girl is smacking the ball. Projectiles were streaming off the bat. That loud crack of the bat in the house is full. It is a known crack is heard on eight of the ten points.


then dawned on me. That is the reason why I love this game so much. I loved the crack of bats. I loved hitting the ball, so right. I loved it when the ball went whistling into the air. Oh yeah, I enjoyed the other aspects of the game such as base running, Fielding and throwing, but I was deeply passionate about udaranje.Vrhovni challenge was the reason I started playing this game and why I still enjoy watching it today.


as I continued to watch his daughter, and this other girl to hit better and better, I could not help but feel a tremendous amount of pleasure. They are turning in front of me. Whatever those coaches told them and what these two girls absorbed from their coaches was to create a solid hit after solid hit.


I could not believe how happy I was for my daughter and this other girl. I found something wonderful about sharing knowledge and techniques from generation to generation occurs in front of me. Both girls' intensity and willingness to learn made ​​me realize that I was not the only one who liked to crack the bat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment