Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Network Security Doesn't Have To Be A Burden

Whenever I log into my computer, go to the subscriber web site or check my emails I always get the "Enter your username and password." To manage the verification of the barrage could use the same login information for all my web pages, make passwords easy to remember and keep the same password for years. Now my company's IT department decided to increase the security that we change your login password every 60 days, to make it more than 8 characters and must contain numeric or special characters. Security is a necessary burden. No, I do not really need the security of the burden?


Of course there are times that I forget my password so I can call and wait several hours for them to reset your password. To be sure not to forget again, I could write those passwords on post-it notes and put them under my keyboard. Now that is security, because no one would ever think to look there! Does any of this sound familiar? Are you or your employees are guilty of the same habit?


This practice violates all four golden rules for keeping your passwords secure:
1) Do not use simple words or names that others can guess
2) Do not write down their passwords where others can find them,
3) Never use the same password everywhere, and
4) would never be the same password for a long time.


What makes the story more ironic is that I am in the business of computer security. I know all the proper procedures, know how hackers attack computer systems and I know that over 70% of all identity theft happens from colleagues, friends and even family members. But I am also human and trying to remember and type all of my passwords is inconvenient, error prone and time consuming. So I decided to seek a way to safety so convenient that it no longer needs to be shortened.


and now are using smartcard-based password manager that is easy to use and allows me to easily manage digital identities to all of my many computers and networks, and exponentially increases my security. Every one of my account now has a long, unique, complex password that you do not have to think let alone type. Finally, based SmartCard managers password protect your computer from malicious software like spyware and keyloggers. Instead of "Dovell1," my new password might be sdRy ^ K6 () keHY. Although not completely free password, because I still had in mind a smartcard to authenticate me, I went from 98 different passwords to first


It does not matter if you use the power of application, RoboForm, VaultID or a host of other token-based password manager proizvoda.Ključ to use something, and make sure the product is to implement security features to protect your passwords if the sign is ever lost or stolen.


Finally, I would like to add another rule, four golden rules:


Golden Rule 5:. Use a card-based signal for storing passwords

0 comments:

Post a Comment