Saturday, September 17, 2011

Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification - Is It As Cool As It Sounds?

I know, many of us would love to have this title. Most of us, if not all, at some point of time wanted to learn hacking and learning via the Internet is one thing to be recognized as one another.


So, in May, CEH course was offered in V-ITMI Quatres-Bornes. Since I was free on holidays and after passing my HSC and waiting to start university, I paid for tečaj.Ukupne fees are Rs42, 500 including exam fees. Apparently courseware itself costs about RS27, 000 and contains 4 DVDs tools gathered over the Internet, Linux CD backtrack (linux live CD), and some PDF note other chapters that are not covered by the instructor and not examinable. It also has 5 great books that you will need to learn before going for the exam, the mouse pad and pencil. There were no registration requirements as long as you follow the course of the EC-Council Accredited Training Center. However, if you want to skip the course and go for the exam only, you will need written proof from your company stating you have at least 2 years experience in the field of security. Then you sit down for EC0-350 312-50 paper while the paper, but both of the same paper, and you'll get the same name, or CEH.


of course


The first day I had the pleasure to meet my coach, Mr. John Franklin of India. He is a very intelligent man and the first CCIE Security I have ever met. He came on the way from India especially to submit a course at the V-itmi.Tečaja takes 5 consecutive days, from 9:00 to 17:00 and it was really very fast. You can not follow everything the coach said he has a timetable to end, of course, so he moves along the slide to slide quickly and overcome all types of hacking attacks (session hijacking, DDOS, DOS, Linux hacking, buffer overflows, SQL injection, etc.) in this small amount of time is almost impossible.You do not have a break at 3 intervals:. tea break, tea, coffee and biscuits are served, lunch and tea breaks again in the afternoon


Each of the students had a personal computer, where they will be expected to live demo / testing tools provided on the CD. These tools are tested on Windows Server 2000 Advance without the patch installed. Why? Because, no stains, Windows Server 2000 is very sensitive and can use any tools on it: most of them go to work. I know you're thinking, "What the heck? Is useless, which is even used Windows Server 2000?" Yes, I was disappointed too, because the tool will not work on Windows XP and above (with all patches / security updates installed). However, you'll have an idea about how hacking is done and you'll understand the concept of types of attacks that are performed live demo of the instructor.


5 days are over quickly, and at the end. You will need to apply online for feedback on how the course was, the competence of trainers and so on


test:


Now, it's time for exams. I went for tests after a month or so, because I was preparing for my CCNA and VCP ispit.Ispit cost is included in the courseware you have purchased. However, if you do not examine, the next time you will have to bear troškove.Ispit consists of 150 multiple choice questions and 4 sata.MCQ issues differ. Some may have only one answer, while others can have up to three or even četiri.Pitanja the exam were not entirely what I've read the book. I would say 80% of them were in the book, but the rest, some personal knowledge and logic is required. I finished the exam in 3 hours and 30 minutes and I passed! I was very happy, because 1) This is my first certificate and 2) the name is so cool.


But really, was it worth it? Rs42, 500 for a little outdated: Well, I'm not so sure. I'd rather have opted for the safety of ISC2 certification. However, the CEH is a good experience, in the sense that it is the only course out there that will teach you the 'hacking' with live demos. It was fun, I admit.


A month later, my welcome kit finally arrived. It consisted of a certificate, a welcome letter and a big sticker with a certified ethical hacker wrote on it. Also, you will have access to the official CEH logo that looks unprofessional to me and a unique code is given to you, where you will have access to a certified member of the portal in which CEH around the world share ideas, discuss anything, etc.


If you are thinking about doing the certification in the field of security, I would recommend as a starting safety + security certification from ISC2 later. More details here ()


All the best!

0 comments:

Post a Comment